One goes to office for the coffee breaks, right? Well, I sure do (did). But in the past month, several things happened:
* Its a bit of a walk to coffee here
* I don't like to bother friend of mine who has access to closer coffee, she sounds busy
* I am trying to cut back on coffee, as my eyes are glowing red and my stomach does not feel great
* I should really be working more efficiently without taking long drawn out coffee breaks.
With all this in my mind, I am trying to avoid coffee breaks. As also, random blogging.
I am failing in both, pretty miserably.
In one case its a question of will power. In the other case, its a question of, well, will power. I have come up with some good excuses for my behavior lapses though, equally applicable to both
* My long lost friend! (well, plenty of those here. all of them fond of the drink. as in filter coffee. some even having famous blogs by that name, which is thankfully, not updated often enough for me to claim it as a legitimate expenditure of free time).
* What big deal work am I doing anyway! (No, really. I have to think and think and one has to be in the mood, Or I have to read, and one REALLY has to be in the mood to read what a bunch of stuck-up oldies have to say. Same ones who massacre whatever my kids and I write. Dammit. Starting to hate those guys. Coffee!!)
* I am falling asleep at my desk! (The day before, I went with a friend, ostensibly to discuss something with him, but we just gossiped and cribbed about everything and then I spilled coffee on myself. Had to hide inside my office the rest of the day, and of course, internet).
* I am hungry. Wah. (I bring dabbas to office. Don't want to eat them too early. I bring a snack too, like Tirupati Laddoos or Dried Figs. Imagine eating that instead of drinking coffee! But when I eat, gotto read something, eh?)
* My mobile died (?). (see, my mobile died. I was so stressed about that that I had to drink a bit of coffee and hang around a bit on the internet, to avoid spontaneously combusting. anyway the battery just ran out, thats all, but still)
Basically it comes down to a distinct lack of will power. The only recourse I have is to fight it with spirit. For which, I need, coffee.... Here I go...