Thursday 29 January 2009

highlights

of course not in my hair. i swear here and now that i will never ever ever colour my hair any colour. meaning when it turns white i will not colour it black and now that it is black i will not colour it brown or red or rust or burnt sienna (anyone remember what this is? camel water colours!)

skip to highlights:
* frog in the kitchen. twice. seems to like warm cozy spot next to drain pipe. was dealt with summarily. meaning i outsourced dealing with it. not touching any frogs myself. sorry folks.
* washing machine okay so far so good - am kind of obsessed with this device.
* have a phone but it will not allow me to make calls out. screw it. i will use my mobile. you can call me though.
* used up all my curtains. fucking insane number of windows going on here. need more curtains.
* serendipitously sofa cleaner dude's flier came with the paper today. need his help pronto. nasty sofas.
* 35 boxes still to be unpacked. 25 of these are precious. books that is. rest are what no one knows though since i am missing my spare car key one hopes that one of the them has that useful bit of metal.
* bird noises. racket in fact. wakes you up better than an alarm though still too cold (it is cold okay, early in the morning) to leave window open
* child has loped off to educational trip to milk factory today. very excited. narrated story from long ago memory from a wonderful children's encyclopedia that i possessed once upon a time. hope indian fact will agree with american fiction.
* subsisting on: 2 calvin and hobbes, 1 goblin's toy shop (blyton), 1 tehelka, 1 magic pot. need to unpack those boxes.
* summarily dismissed the question of local cable versus tata sky. who cares. not me. something that feeds something to my giant-ass tv is sufficient considering how less useful this fellow is to us.
* monster tantrums. monster co-operated broadly during move. occupied itself with something or the other stopping only occasionally to roll in the filth that collected everywhere. threw the odd tantrum and got the odd punishment for it. we have now kissed and made up through a note which reads "i love you amma hope y do to" (thus oozing cuteness and making me forget many other things of earlier. motherhood kinda sucks. one can never win. i give up. that monkey.).
* all the people who i have not called or messaged or emailed, well, you know me. add on top of it my move and the various parts that are hanging because of it. especially think of the fact that the bloody aquaguard guy has not turned up yet and find it in your hearts to forgive.

mua mua.

7 comments:

Choxbox said...

forgiven because i love you kenny hope y do to.

mua to monster.

Ludwig said...

have you been running? i've not. almost 2 whole weeks have gone by, and i haven't moved butt. it's eating my mind up slowly, but i still can't find the enthu to get up. the mindgames, the mindgames.

Ludwig said...

ok, that was very rude. i did not ask about you at all and chumma whined.

hi

how are you? move insanity is over, it looks like. good. frog in kitchen is delightful. show it to monster. compare and contrast with Mr. Toad from The Wind in the Willows. meditate upon the frogginess of it all.

please revert with your findings,

dipali said...

Mua mua to the move survivor, who now has written evidence of love from her monster. Preserve it well!
I'm with you on the highlights-hair dye/colour/bleach shall never interact with my hair either!

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

chox- :-)
ludwig- Ha! I ran one day. Which was last saturday before the movers stormed in like Bush's troops pretty much. I did three 37.5m sprint dashes with the monster on wednesday (she is no competition, hmph). Nothing else. Mind is good, it is willing, but the husband has just returned to base. Thus tomorrow it is. Stop talking about losing the mind game, it will become a 'self fulfilling prophecy' as we are fond of saying out here.
I am #32 among the girls. Not bad I suppose!! Even if I did land up 50 mins after the winner.
Toady Toady Ratty Ratty.
Dipali-
Thanks & likewise.

Preeti Aghalayam aka kbpm said...

chox- :-)
ludwig- Ha! I ran one day. Which was last saturday before the movers stormed in like Bush's troops pretty much. I did three 37.5m sprint dashes with the monster on wednesday (she is no competition, hmph). Nothing else. Mind is good, it is willing, but the husband has just returned to base. Thus tomorrow it is. Stop talking about losing the mind game, it will become a 'self fulfilling prophecy' as we are fond of saying out here.
I am #32 among the girls. Not bad I suppose!! Even if I did land up 50 mins after the winner.
Toady Toady Ratty Ratty.
Dipali-
Thanks & likewise.

wordjunkie said...

I'm sure in some culture somewhere, a frog in the kitchen is good luck. In mine, a working washing machine certainly is.
BTW, linked to your post on Half a Life, hope that's ok.