I want to write a nice post about it, it was nice, I had so many things I liked. But unfortunately it is the beginning of what promises to be a bad week, responsibilities-wise. So bullet point quick update it is.
* It was great fun. ludwig ran with me.
* I had a 'strong' race. Thats the best way I can describe it. I felt good. Strong. I did better than my usual pace up to 17 kms. Might have lost it a bit after that. But I walked ONLY FIVE STEPS the entire duration of the race.
* Helicopter came too low and tried to kill us since the banners and placards on the side started flying into our running path. In the last 200 m (which is when I would have really liked to sprint and challenge my legs). Bad.
* Folk drum like thing all along the path was great, I paced my steps to match the drums!
* IPOD was fun. Despite the tendency of my shuffle to keep playing Mamma Mia! soundtrack. I was singing once in a while, much to ludwig's irritation (or surprise?)
* One blister. Rest is all fine. No calf cramps. No nail falling off. No recurrence of my December foot injury.
* Time? In the region of 2:10-2:15. Was aiming for sub-2 hours so a bit off that way from goal, but all things considered (like the foot, the lack of uniform training thanks to home situation, busy January thanks to work and home situation, bad sleep thanks to monster again, oh add the humidity too, excuses are aplenty, but who is counting?) I was happy with it.
* Fund-raising effort has gone well. Lots of cute donations. My friends are rock solid I tell you.
I wanted to run again this morning. Perhaps I can manage it tomorrow morning. Really. Not Kidding. Bring it on.
But now I have to change mind-set and do other stuff for the rest of the week and month. I figure if I don't breathe or sleep, I can get to February without incident. Yeah. Its one of those times in Kenny's life...