For the past week I have been wearing two watches on my left hand. The daughter commented on it and suggested I wear one on the right hand. But I don't like to have a watch on my right hand, it feels weird somehow. But two on the left felt fine so I went with it. The logic is v e r y s i m p l e. I repaired my spare watch so I can wear it when I work out. So I have some sense of time generally. But watches don't work if you just keep them in the house, at least not mine (watch that is, not house). They need to feel you, your body, your warmth (I know, really, whats up with that.) So I decided to wear it around till at least the Marathon. But then the regular watch would stop working so I came up with this solution. And I must say its convenient and I have no issues with it.
Now if you see me sporting two watches, there are several things you can do:
1. Ignore it. Act suave. Go on, you can do it.
2. Say, "Oh! Your manager screwed up and you are signed up by Tommy and Titan simultaneously? You poor dear"
3. Think "Must be a big fan of Amitabh Bacchan"
4. Exclaim "Dah-link what a style statement. Mua. Mua."
These are options, definitely.
Thus far, this is what has happened in reality:
1. "Are you trading stocks on NYSE?" I don't even know what a stock is okay (apart, of course, from vegetable versus chicken stock for soups and such). And WTF is NYSE? And how exactly is this comment relevant?
My response: Asinine smile and got the hell out of there.
2. "Is the other one a countdown watch for the marathon?" I liked this. Good one. Good idea.
My response: Oh dear, what a fantastic idea. But no, both show the same time.
3. "Madam aap do watch pehen chuke ho!" Okay, the presumption being that, I am SO absent-minded that I first wore one watch, forgot about it, fished the other one out from its repository, and wore that too, without noticing that the first one was already there. I swear FOUR people made this comment, no less.
My response: stunned silence in each case.
So now I know what people think of me. I may as well check myself into the asylum while I remember to...