What day is it today?
What day is it today?
Its Thursday Its Thursday Its Thursday today.
This is a most annoying song the monster sings at her play school. I run miles if I happen to be dropping her off at the exact time that the creatures belt this out. My main problem is that they say it as
Vadday instead of Whatt Day.
Much like I have issues with the guy who kept saying
HeadduhBoard instead of Head Board.
Or the one that says
Matrial when really, he means Material.
Be that as it may, its Thursday. And judging from the most useful comments from my previous post, I have the following things to say:
* I am leaving, really, I am. Please exercise patience, peoples, really, you will see the back of me, shortly, shortly. One does not like to reveal EXACT dates and times and so on because you know, it might jinx it. But trust me, its soon, very soon.
* I drank a beer last night, now, it has been something like six months since I last chanced upon it. Unfortunately, it was warm (dislike that a fair bit). For interested parties, it was 'Tuborg' in a green bottle (which I poured into the final two glasses that I have managed to not break), and has a cap that requires only opposable thumbs (which I do possess, apparently).
* Yesterday was quite a nice humid day. My cotton shirt was dripping. For interested parties, its a very manly blue one with white collars and french cuffs that I have been wearing for ten years now. Its the same one that I have been known to have to use with a safety pin at the gut button, for, umm, safety.
* Thanks to German technology, the washing machine held its peace. Thanks also to German (ish) technology, the beast Skoda was very handy yesterday, given the humidity and so on.
* My special four burner auto ignite stove with the damaged nipples, stays, although it is currently running on cylinder gas, I recognise that it is not at its most efficient, for example, one cannot 'Sim' it. Vijay Sales, here I come.
* Murphy lives on. Two nights ago the monster, who is generally a stable creature not that given to falling, fell off a chair, while I was in the loo. I heard a gigantic thud, and ignored it because I was reading the Mazlich (thanks, choxbox). But the howling that followed was not the usual kind so I rushed out (stopping briefly to wash hands - its these details that readers come here for, I am sure). She had a bump the size of a large lemon on her forehead. I swear that this line went through my head as I iced it "How is your behavior in times of crisis Kenny, are you like cool and all or do you just break down and cry?" Well I did not break down and cry, I hugged her and called the doc and iced it all some more, and found Tom & Jerry on TV, and, thankfully, it got all better by next morning.
& now my time here is done. For anon.