Things I learnt about myself the past week (or two or three)::
1. I can dance if you break it down into steps and call out the numbers up 1-2, down 1-2. My training for years, wearing khaki/blue and a giantass belt, and shoes that were too big for me (always! newspaper tucked in front) clearly helps me. [In case your generation does not do this, its called National Cadet Corps and while its purpose is pretty unclear, its a fun way to get out of doing household chores such as mopping floors. Not to mention boring homework. Works till you are about 16 years of age].
2. I cannot see too well any more. I have like 0.50 power in both eyes (its negative, so far..). Which means that its not a big deal and I ought to be rocking sunglasses and showing off my mascara alternately. Except that I don't wear mascara. And don't know why but feel very uncomfy without my glasses these days. At least I feel like I belong in the family now, considering the two homies look around for their glasses the first thing in the mornings .
3. I am officially bored of the semester [and, parenthetically, the school year]. I want to wind up this stuff and move on to the summer. The Summer! It beckons! I am staring longingly at swimming in the morning [for the cross training benefits, exclusively]. Breakfasts. Gentle amounts of work. A vacation. Meeting mum. Stuff like that. But I still have at least a month to go and a gadzillion things to do. So. Bah.
4. I have become a bit of a lazy ass. I need to start up on a challenge, I think. Okay, Done. 15 day Challenge. Bye.
Dates: 23 Mar - 6 Apr
- Total Miles to run: 5 x 15 = 75
- Total Interval Workouts to complete: 2 (6 x 400m ones like last time is good enough)
- Total Biking Miles: 1 x 15 = 15 (meaning, not much, just to get to the running places and so forth)
- Ab workouts: 15
- Push Up Challenge: Nil (don't dare say why, Bannu will be upset at me, I still have NOT)
- Swimming: 2 sessions, 15 (chota) laps (seriously, thats all I can hope for)
- Food, Diet, etc.: Whatever, doesn't matter.
Want to do this with me? So we can compare notes and you can kick my ass if I laze? Please? You don't have to be in Chennai, you know that right? The InterNetz! I will send (give) you a gift at the end of it all! I will!