Monday 5 March 2012

Hello Gorgeous!

This is going to be an interesting week! For perhaps the first time in my life, I am getting ready to celebrate International Women's Day with gusto. Lots of things are going to happen on thursday. But the most awesome thing? Is this.



Yes, our very own Kiran Manral, Lady K, Gorgeousness Personified, is going to be here! For real! I am so very super duper excited!

Have you read The Reluctant Detective? Its really an awesome, breezy read. I sat down and read it in one shot and sat there thinking about my Mumbai suburban days. Sure, there is a murder mystery (or two!) in there, but for me, it was more about how Kay sees herself in the grand scheme of life. To her parents she is still that child who might be a tad irresponsible. To her son, she is the world. To her husband, the balance and excitement in his life. To her friends she is the patient ear and always a phone call away. You will fall in love with the reluctant detective for sure - it cannot be helped!

I haven't seen Lady K for a while now. In the interim, her indiahelps has grown, and her initiatives in that direction have taken off so very very well. Her blogs have mushroomed into several each with a distinct voice. And most importantly, is this book of hers, for which we all waited with bated breath! I am so so proud of her and feeling very special to be her friend. I am also really grateful to her for agreeing to come to our geeky campus, and hope that the event will go well! 

5 comments:

dipali said...

I'm sure it will be wonderful! Wish I was there too.

Sue said...

Have fun and give her a hug from me!

Anonymous said...

Lucky, lucky Chennai peeps!

Choxbox said...

Lady K at CLT?! Wish I was there!

madraskaari said...

oh I wish I were there too.
does sound verr nice. Such a person in our CLT..